Friday, September 19, 2014

Word on the Street

Today is a prep day for Word on the Street Halifax!


Think Halifax Buskers festival but literary. Authors, publishers, book sellers, all gathered on the waterfront to talk about BOOKS. How awesome is that? There are readings for all ages, I think Theodore is already full for his reading cruises. There are signings and meet and greets, pitch the publisher. Browsing. I'm so excited to be a part of it! And the weather looks like a perfect day (knockonwood, fingers crossed). I'm sad to say I didn't even know it existed last year, so I'm hoping to get the word out.

Except I'm also terrified! I fit the stereotype of a reclusive, introverted writer. I like to peck my stories out on my puter in part because I don't like putting myself 'out there' in a performance way. I mean, if I did, I'd act in plays and stuff! Doing public events like the book launch, readings and workshops has been a huge learning experience for me, and one wherein I've had to face some pretty big fears head on... but I'm up for the challenge. Sorta, maybe.

So today I will spend time figuring out which parts I'll read and making sure they're the right length. I'll make sure I have my purple pens ready for signing and my business card collection stocked. Wish me luck! Or better yet, come by on Sunday.

N

2 comments:

  1. So awesome that you've got a booth! I'm participating in Toronto's Word on the Street! We'll have to compare notes afterwards. The nerves are creeping in on me too...good luck, but most importantly, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal! It was fun! I had a couple of friends at WOTS in TO, Angela Misri and Kat Kruger were also pub'd by FIP. Did you have a good time?

      Delete

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction