Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Glimpse of a Cover

Monday I talked about how art and writing are two forms of the same force, that the process of making something imagined into something real is intoxicating.

Yesterday I experienced the other side of the coin - I had the opportunity to see the suggested comps for the cover of Aptitude!

When we started the design for Game Plan there was a lot of discussion about what would be a good idea for the cover. I had input too. So when I saw the suggested covers, they were layouts developed from the ideas we had discussed - nothing surprising, nothing new. Don't get me wrong, it was very very cool, but the designs were developed in part from my suggestions and interpretations of the story.

I haven't been involved in any planning for the cover of Aptitude. Two comps were sent to me yesterday. They were both so amazing... it was incredible to see how someone else interpreted MY story. One seems to be the favourite... That cover is a piece of art and is absolutely perfect for my story. I can't wait to share it! Here's a hint - it looks nothing like this one :D

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction