Wednesday, November 09, 2016

What Next

The term "What Next" is repeated several times in my WIP as the main character tries to figure out how to move forward from an unexpected tragedy.

What Next?

My head is spinning trying to figure that out.

What Next? What Next. What the f*ck next.

When things get muddled, I write to straighten out my thoughts... but today this page is daunting.

Most of all, I feel sad.

This man stands for hate and fear and Us against Them. He is a bully. He is ignorant. He is reckless.

And by being voted in, he has been told that all of the hate and anger and fear and blame that he has spewed over the past two years - towards women, muslims, LGBTQ, Hispanics, immigrants, ... - is okay. Okay. Acceptable. Fair. Right?

And to think there are that many people out there who support that message? Sad.

N

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction