Monday, February 04, 2013

Snow day

Maybe 'snow day' should be renamed to 'Terrible Mom Day'. I had a chance to spend the day with my kids but I was soooo close to wrapping up my second novel - getting the first draft foundation done - that I couldn't pull myself away. Instead I let them have screens (video games and tv) for free (without having to earn it) and forced them to go play outside - egads! Of course the venture into the snow only lasted thirteen minutes. I did make them chocolate chip pancakes to try and make up for it. I also did two loads of dishes and am writing this to procrastinate doing my third to try to even out the wifey part. When I write, I can get so lost in the story that it's hard to pull myself out to do what I'm 'supposed' to do with the rest of my responsibilities. I get why some writers end up being reclusive assholes!

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction