Monday, January 12, 2015

Happy New Year

Happy 2015!!!

I ran away to Disney World with my family the past couple of weeks... we had a fantastic time riding rides and seeing shows. Though I feel now that we've all seen it, we've seen it... it was fabulous, but no need to go back again - our next family vacay will be a different adventure.

I thought I'd read a tonne of books while I was away! In fact, I loaded up my Kobo with several I've been meaning to read. I finished one. And got part way through another. I guess I just picked big books.

I finished All the Light we Cannot See, which was wonderful. It was poetic and sad, uplifting in parts and unpredictable in a way that most WWII stories are not. Very good, pick it up if you get a chance.

I also made headway in Far from the Tree, which is a non-fiction a client shared with me some time ago. It's heavy and slow but fascinating - a discussion about how difference (including disorders and such) can drive unique identity and how those identities contribute to our world. It's LOOOONG, each chapter is over 100 pages! But interesting on every page.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction