Friday, January 23, 2015

Reincarnation

I suspect in a past life, I was a bear.

I put flannel sheets on the bed Sunday night, and all week I've pined away for the soft, warm cocoon that happens when I curl up under the covers and tuck them in around my shoulders.... sigh.

When I get overwhelmed I shut down like that... I want to hide. If the kitchen is a mess, instead of digging in and getting it cleaned up, I leave the room so I can't see it. If the world is caving in, demanding too much, stressing me out, I retreat and cover my head. It's not a helpful strategy, but sometimes it's exactly what I need.

Today though, I'm not stressed or overwhelmed - there's no immediate mess or eminent cave-ins... the bed is just so warm and cozy... maybe just a quick nap...

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction