Monday, March 02, 2015

Late running start

With my back to back releases coming up, I'm basically spending a month with each while the other is off being edited. This morning I get to start in with my indie-pub Henry (which is definitely not the title but I haven't found the right title yet!)

Henry is the story of one day in high school told by four characters. Henry was the first character I wrote, hence the working title. This story was sort of the first where I experienced that thing where the character demands something different from what the writer intended. I didn't believe that at first - I mean, it's my brain, my thoughts, my story so how could something from my brain overtake control? Weird. But this story started with three characters - the forth was at the school and interacted with each of the characters but I did not intend or even want to tell his side. Then I conceded and wrote it just so my details would be clear with the other three narraters but in the end it was apparent that the fourth voice had to be included. Score one for the imaginary character.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction