Monday, February 03, 2014

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

It's Monday again and for me that's awesome - it's my day to sit at my 'puter with a puddle of a cat on my left knee and poke away at my most recent hallucination. This latest project has been different from others - I don't have the whole story yet. The other two stories were pretty much complete in my head, all I had to do was type it out. This one is a tangled mess, as I've written here before. I've made notes on cue cards and plugged through two characters. I've revisited what I thought was pretty complete to realize it was just the bones, the structure that needed a whole lot more. But now I feel like I've got the momentum and I'm moving forward.

I like being in the thick of it. I find the beginning of a story daunting and the end tedious and stressful. I like the middle where the words are flowing and mistakes are allowed. And I think I'm coming into that part after pushing and shoving and pulling and tearing my way through the obstacles of the beginning stages.

Of course I've no idea yet if this story has any merit, if it's any good at all but the process has become paramount to the end result. The process is the therapy, the magic, the fun, the end result - if there is one worth keeping - is the bonus.

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction