Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hearts and kisses and sparkles to all of you. Ick.

I'm a closet romantic. Mushiness sets off my sarcasm and I wince at sentiment. But I root for the underdog and love a good girl-gets-boy chick flick. It has to be real though. It can be over the top corny or subtle and painful but if it's not real, it's instantly rediculous (that's not a spelling error, I've decided that's the proper spelling of that word).

I guess that's the bottom line. When I'm writing it has to be real. It can be futuristic, it can be fantastic with fairies and monsters. One of my favourites is Harry Potter. Woven within the giants and wizards and spells and time travel and flying sports is true emotions - fear, anxiety, excitement, growth and love. It's real and that's why it works.

And that's the challenge, maybe the ultimate challenge.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction