Saturday, April 12, 2014

100th post! - Good time to feel like a 'Real Author'

I've posted a few times about wondering when I'll feel like a 'real writer' or actually believe that I'm a 'published author'... I got another dose of that this week!

I was so lucky that Game Plan was picked up by Fierce Ink Press. Not just because they're awesome but also because it was the first submission I made for Game Plan. Literally.

Looks like my second novel will have a more typical course to publication - I got my email on Friday. I prefer the word "decline" to "rejection", don't you? But here's the secret: I looove my second novel. I love the story. I love the characters. I love the messages and the theme. If Game Plan was 'publishable' then this one is too. So I got a copy of Writer's Market that came with the online subscription and my attention will shift from my WIP back to my UntitledSecondStory. It needs a title. The decline email provided great feedback and suggestions so I know where I have to focus. I'm excited to get back in it!

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction