Monday, July 21, 2014

Unproductive... ARGH!

Unproductive is the polite term for it.

I remember a discussion in an early science class about the difference between 'causational' and 'correlational' relationships. The example used was this: A ten year old has bigger feet than a two year old. A ten year old has stronger reading skills than a two year old. The size of feet and the reading skills both increase with age but the larger feet is not responsible for the reading - it's not a causational relationship.

I've not had diet Coke or M&Ms in two weeks.

I have not been able to solve my latest WIP issues in two weeks.

Causational? or Correlational?

The WIP character is in a lot of pain and stress, in a very dark place that many have seen from afar. It's hard to figure out how she works there, how to explain what she does and why she makes the choices she has so far. I've got the beginning and the and and really struggling to see if there's a middle worth writing since 7K words does not a novel make.

I'm pretty sure it's the lack of diet Coke and M&Ms.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction