Monday, January 20, 2014

Coffee Shop Writing

My van needed work before I drive it and three Demons to Moncton next weekend for a hockey tournament. As much as I try to prioritize M/F as 'writing days', the evil truth is it's easier to take time from non-paying job days than it is from paying job days - so Monday often gets sucked into doctor appts, kid appts, car maintenance.

This am I dropped the car off, intent on sitting in their too soft sofa with my computer and ignoring the bustle around me to get some work done... but they have a shuttle! So I asked them to shuttle me to Starbucks. Not the one in the mall, though that was my first choice. Not even the one in Chapters, b/c honestly if I were in a mall or in Chapters, I don't suspect I'd get much work done. So, I'm sitting in a teeny drive through Starbucks wondering how long I'll last before I walk across the street to Wendy's and their over sized diet Coke.

Suddenly I find myself in a snooty coffee shop with my computer on their wifi and my outline in my bag ready to start writing it out... and even though I've spent a week in Banff, I've gone through the publishing process once, I've self-pubbed a short story, I've done a book launch and booked a 3-city book tour... I feel like a writer today because I'm in an uncomfortable chair at a table that's dangerously too small for my puter and my bitter hot chocolate listening to dumb music and random conversations. And I miss my pup and kitties.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction