Monday, February 02, 2015

One small step for writer-me...

One giant leap for... um, I guess, writer-me too.

I have two projects in the works... one will be published the traditional way and the other is my foray into indie publishing.

For me the indie publishing isn't a second choice - I did not send this story out to a bazillion publishers, I half-heartedly sent it to one and then decided I'd rather try it on my own.


I'm working with Savvy Fox Author Services. She has mucho experience in the publishing world so she's being my guru. I'm excited about it. (her website is in the making).

To date it's been talk, talk and more talk... but today she sent me a quote for the services we've discussed and I sent her an etransfer. It's real, folks!

In the meantime, I've received the edits back from my first go of drafting my traditionally pub'd novel and I have this month to work through their suggestions and make my edits. I've mapped out the problems leaving the right side of the page for solutions:


Don't let the writing on the right side fool you - those are more specific examples of problems than solutions... eek! But I've gotten past the overwhelmed stage into the more productive let-me-at-it stage so here I go!

N

2 comments:

  1. I like that idea of using a spiral notebook (opens flat) to keep track of problems and solutions that way. Visual, as I like it too. I'm doing a mentoring program on my completed ms. so I'll try this as the pages come back with comments (a.k.a problems!). My mentor has already suggested index cards but they've never been part of my process - but lists, oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's something about having it written in my handwriting on a page that helps me feel organized and ready to target issues specifically! Focus!

      Delete

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction