Friday, February 06, 2015

Pushing Pushing

I'm unmotivated today.

---> that stairway looks STEEP.

I've been staring at my doc to edit. I'm against a deadline, I need to do it...

But editing / writing isn't like math homework that you can just buckle down, push through and get it done. When the motivation is missing it's like something extra, some magic? some spirit? some finesse? is missing too... and in its absence, I'm worried pushing through will screw it up. Pushing through will result in substandard results.

Good thing I work on a computer. That's my fallback - if I find tomorrow that the stuff I did today is crap I'll just time travel back to before today's work, revert the document to the starting point and start again. Takes the pressure off a bit to find that spark.

N

PS. I'm going to use my chocolate frog from Hogsmead as motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction