Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Finally...

Finally is a good title for this post b/c it's LONG over due.

FINALLY the third book of the Madgeburg Trilogy was finished.
FINALLY I got to read it (before all'o yous :P)
FINALLY the cover was released so FINALLY I can post my review!!!

 One of the reviews of Game Plan started with an advisory that the reviewer didn't typically like contemporary YA. I appreciated the review she wrote because it meant she went out on a limb to read it, so I offer up the same advisory: I don't typically read fantasy. I don't typically read about fairies or vampires or monsters or werewolves... but the Madgeburg Trilogy is different. Kat Kruger cements the world in such well researched science that I'm almost convinced it's NOT fantasy at all, but absolutely possible given all her explanations.

The Night is Found is the closing novel, following The Night Has Teeth and The Night Has Claws. Connor Lewis, the sorta loser-ish, mostly lost foreign student at a Paris high school has followed his fate and found his place in a world he never knew existed. Through the first two books he made friends and enemies and decided where he stood in the controversy escalating around him. Everything comes crashing together in the final story, The Night is Found. Kruger's characters are consistent throughout the three books, which isn't true for every series. They change and grow but do so in ways that are understandable and realistic given the challenges they face. This third book answers all the questions and brings resolutions that are not always perfect for the characters or preferred by the readers but are believable and congruous with Kruger's effort to present a realistic and conceivable world.

I thoroughly enjoyed each of the books, but think the third might have been my favourite. My eleven year old son is insanely jealous that I got to read it first and is anxious for the release of The Night is Found in July. Definitely a book to check out!

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction