Saturday, June 07, 2014

Versatile Blogger

Sooo, in the blogging world there are these awards that are really chain letters dressed up in glittery tank tops and tutus. The cool thing is, these awards help me meet new writers and new readers which in the writing world is very cool. (There are books in print that prove the theory that media hype and notoriety can trump good writing in impact on book sales). 





My Twit Mate, Ellen appointed me as a "Versatile Blogger". It should be a compliment, though her status as A's fan does have me questioning her taste. I'm choosing to consider her ball team as an outlier on the study of her character. 

Here are the tasks I must do:

1. Thank the giver.
2. Name 15 new recipients. (this is the one I'm breaking)
3. Tell the giver 7 special things about yourself.

Fifteen blogs. Hmm. Back in the day I could rattle off fifteen easily but truth is I'm much more persnickety (yes, I thesaurused that) about social media these days and spend less time reading blogs to waste more time on FB and Twitter. So, my list is considerably shorter than fifteen and I'm going to choose not to pass on the award to them, just hope that the burning comet won't hit the house directly (or whatever other evil thing is supposed to happen when the chain breaks). Still, here are a few of my favourites:

Amy's Marathon of Books. Seriously, check out the work she's doing! Raising money for YA authors in Canada through a read-athon fundraiser with the CCBC.

This Is Photography. A local photographer with BEAUTIFUL work. I love looking at her updates.

The Bloggess. Is this a lame entry since I'm probably the last person on Earth to hear of her? I was handed her book first, then followed her blog and followed her Twits... she's f'in HILARIOUS.

This is the reason Tumblr is worthwhile.

So four is close to fifteen right?

Now, seven things about myself... Almost as challenging.

1. I chew my nails, 'specially when I'm thinking so when I get lots of writing done my nails are kinda short.
2. I'm a die-hard Toronto fan - Jays, Leafs, Raptors - and yes, I know they lose a lot. 'Cept this year, right?
3. I have a hoodie problem... like other people have too many shoes or too many purses? I have hoodies.
4. I drink diet Coke like some people drink coffee.
5. I love to sing to loud music in the car. My kids still think that's cool but I realize time is limited.
6. Speaking of kids, I have one born in each season, which would make a very cool tattoo, I think.
7. I've aways wanted to be on Broadway, 'cept I can't act, sing or dance and I hate being in front of people.

:) Happy Weekend!

N




No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction