Saturday, March 22, 2014

Jumping across the country

Sooo I woke up this morning on the East coast and am struggling to go to bed at a reasonable time on the West coast... today's technology is amazing.

I love flying, mostly because of what I can't do. I read, worked on my computer, slept... all without feeling guilty about not parenting, cleaning, doing dishes, laundry...


I stole some pictures (I say stole b/c technically the phone was supposed to be off) of the fields in Ontario, some lakes somewhere between Ontario and here and the mountains we passed over on our way in. It's frustrating. It's impossible to capture what I see.. the light, the texture, the colours, it's amazing and the picture never measures up. I wonder if that's why people keep painting and taking pictures, keep writing, because it's impossible to capture the magic of it.








I'm lucky to be staying with friends in Ladner which I think is somewhere near Vancouver... So I had curb side pickup at the airport, some good chat and a drink, a yummy lasagne dinner and a walking tour of a local fishing pier. Beautiful!

Tomorrow we're squeezing some site seeing around a library workshop at Richmond Public Library for teens. I'm looking forward to it, and nervous too... I hope it goes well.

I have been composing a brilliant and insightful entry all day... but the local time is 9:22 which apparently is 1:22 Hfx time and I'm really not at my best! 

Until tomorrow.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction