Thursday, March 27, 2014

Travelling Alone

It's a strange dynamic, this travelling alone. I left my Uncle's and Aunt's home around 9 this morning and landed at Julie and Rae's at 1030 tonight. Course that's with some confusing time travel so I really don't know how long my day was.

I love travelling. I enjoy flying (though less so when I have to sit next to someone who might talk to me). I like silent travel. Earplugs and books. In spite of full flights, I did accomplish that antisocial goal today. Travelling alone gives me time to think and relax, time to reset, boost confidence in independence and problem solving.

But then the pendulum swings. As calming as solitude can be, the other side of the coin is loneliness. And the coin flips fast. Moments of confusion, being lost, being frustrated, and what about when I want to just run to get a coffee or something who watches my bags? And the loneliness is fast and hard, and overwhelming.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction