Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Travel Day

I left Vancouver this morning and landed in Saskatoon this evening. By my travels today I'm reminded of how blessed I am. The friends I left behind in Vancouver are new friends that Steve made through his coaching with the wheelchair basketball community. I've only known them less than two years, and in that time only spent a few weeks with them total. But they're the kind of people who made me feel at home in a way that seems as if I'd known them forever.

Then I fly to Saskatoon and was met at the airport by my uncle and aunt. They are the extended family I saw most as a kid, I grew up with yearly visits with them and my cousins. As I got older and went my own routes to university and marriage and parenting and things that take me away from my childhood relationships, the visits got fewer and farther between. But sitting in the living room chatting it was as easy as always, with these people who know me as me and nothing less or nothing more.

I'm so blessed to have such great friends and family all the way across the country.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction