Monday, March 24, 2014

Paper Ghosts

My gig today was at The Paper Hound in downtown Vancouver. It was a tiny little shop chilling between big high rises and hotels. Most of the books were used, everything from Shakespeare to Rowling, philosophy to literature to art appreciation...

It was... I can't find the words. It was like a presence was hovering between the books, hanging from the high ceiling like a smoke cloud. The smell was wonderful, the clean warm paper smell.

I sold one book! But it was kinda cheating because it was to a friend who had agreed to meet me there. There were a few other customers that came and went but that didn't matter. I enjoyed soaking in the atmosphere, being surrounded by books and the ideas and thoughts and personalities they held.

Here are a few pics:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?

#GoodDay Reviews

Charlie's Story on Wattpad

Game Plan on Wattpad

Nine on Wattpad

My other Distraction